I made what must be my fourth tarte tatin in a month last night, and I used the leaf lard in the crust. (see my Oct. 21 blog.) I had used it in a previous tarte tatin, and I could swear that the piggy smell was getting stronger. I only used two tablespoons, plus a stick of butter in my crust, But once it baked, the crust browned beautifully. It was flaky, tender and sweet... I daresay it was crust perfection! Although puff pastry goes better with a tarte tatin.
Thursday, November 06, 2003
1. What food do you like that most people hate?
Offal - gizzards, sweetbreads, tripe, kidneys, liver... you get the idea
2. What food do you hate that most people love?
That's easy... supermarket mayonnaise. It's the devil. I'm not knocking freshly made mayonnaise, which is extremely rare. I'm talking about Best Foods, and all its incarnations. I mean, there is something so wrong about a food product that's supposed to be made with raw egg lasting as long as it does.
3. What famous person, whom many people may find attractive, is most unappealing to you?
Vin Diesel. He looks like a mook.
4. What famous person, whom many people may find unappealing, do you find
5. What popular trend baffles you?
Monday, November 03, 2003
pleasejosspleasejosspleasejosspleasejosspleasejossplease.... [scroll down to question no. 9...]