mysticonnie's blog

Megalomania continues...
Cheese Diaries
a Conspiracy of 2
Listography!
Muffin Top

Thursday, October 14, 2004

say what?

Apparently, Chris Rock will be hosting the next Academy Awards. I love Chris Rock - I just picked up his latest standup show ("Never Scared") on DVD. I may at some point pick up "Bring the Pain" and "Bigger and Blacker". Hilarious stuff - you should check it out, but somehow, I don't think his sort of humor will translate well to network television.

On fatherhood: "I was holding my baby girl, and I realized I have job in life: keep her away from the pole! If you're a father, and your daughter's a stripper, you fucked up!"

On abortion: "If you're a man, and your woman tells you she's pregnant, there's only two things you can say 'That's great! I can't wait! A new baby! I love you! [yadda yadda]' or 'Oh. So what do you want to do?'"

On Al Queda: "I ain't scared of Al Queda. The United States has the best army in the world. We took over Bagdad in two weeks. You couldn't take over Baltimore in two weeks. I'm scared of Al Cracker!"

On celebrities: "All this stuff going on [Paris Hilton video, Kobe Bryant trial, Michael Jackson] is just to distract us from the war. It's all Bush's doing! It's Bush in that video! Bush sent that girl to Kobe's room! Bush sent that kid to Michael Jackson..."

You get the idea. Hey, maybe Borat, or Ali G himself, can host next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home