mysticonnie's blog

Megalomania continues...
Cheese Diaries
a Conspiracy of 2
Listography!
Muffin Top

Thursday, January 05, 2006

I have the feeling that about 60 percent of what you say is crap.

I don't think that you represent an objective viewpoint.

I was a little disappointed last night when I checked my Tivo queue to find that there was no new Daily Show waiting. But wait! In the wake of Jon Stewart's hiatus (Stewart's going to be hosting the Oscars, BTW, yay!), apparently Letterman decided step up and rip Bill O'Reilly a new one.

Key nuggets:

on "the 'War' on Christmas", after telling some silly story about replacing lyrics to 'Silent Night' -

Letterman: I don't believe you.
O'Reilly: You think I'm making this up?
Letterman: I do. [Side note: he was - go to "News and Information"]

on Cindy Sheehan -

Letterman: ...you should be very careful with what you say also.
O'Reilly: Give me an example.
Letterman: How can you possibly take exception with the motivation and the position of someone like Cindy Sheehan?
O'Reilly: Because I think she's run by far-left elements in this country. I feel bad for the woman.
Letterman: Have you lost family members in armed conflict?
O'Reilly: No, I have not.
Letterman: Well, then you can hardly speak for her, can you?

2 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger Mark said...

This was a brilliant display by Dave. Thanks for the link Connie!

p.s. watch the whole segment.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Jen(n) said...

Yeah - I saw this. After several years of disappointment, I have renewed respect for him.

[Dave, not Bill. ;)]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home