mysticonnie's blog

Megalomania continues...
Cheese Diaries
a Conspiracy of 2
Listography!
Muffin Top

Monday, January 27, 2003

Justin and Brian flew in from LA on Friday for a birthday visit. If you don't know this already, we constantly talk about food. Whenever we speak to each other, the same inevitable question always pops up - "What did you have for lunch today?" They joined us for Thai brunch on Sunday, and marveled in amazement at its brilliance. After most of the table was sated with papaya salad, various coconut fritters, fried bananas and sweet potatoes, some dumplings, sweet rice and mango, about three different curries, pad thai, fried chicken, imperial rolls, Justin straightened up. "Has anybody had the noodle soup?" he asked. "I don't think I can eat anymore," murmured most of the table. "Well, I'm gonna try some," he said, and stood up. "Dude, aren't you full?" I asked. "I don't care. It looks good. I want to try it," he said, and walked off. Most of the table was a little shocked, but Brian and I knew what we were dealing with. He returned with a steaming hot bowl of noodles, slices of beef, tripe and beef balls. Of course, I dug in, and it was damn good. Can you see why we're such good friends?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home