mysticonnie's blog

Megalomania continues...
Cheese Diaries
a Conspiracy of 2
Listography!
Muffin Top

Tuesday, August 26, 2003

The mother I wrote about a few days ago passed away yesterday afternoon. She leaves behind two sisters, and two daughters, all of whom loved her dearly. I cannot begin to comprehend the sense of loss or grief they are (or will be) feeling, but this event has given me pause, and made me reflect on my own relationship with my own family. Although I've had my share of difficulties in my relationship with my parents, I've always known they love me. I'm extremely fortunate in that they're both still very much alive, yet I know there will come a day in which I will have to face what my friends are facing. I realize that this is such a cliche, but it's completely true. All the petty grievances, the small cruelties and the difficulties we deal out in our relationships with friends and family... in the end, they really don't matter. What really matters is cherishing the time we have with them, making sure they know that they are loved, and allowing them to love us.

Who's to say where the wind will take you
Who's to know what it is will break you
I don't know which way the wind will blow
Who's to know when the time has come around
Don't want to see you cry
I know that this is not goodbye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home