mysticonnie's blog

Megalomania continues...
Cheese Diaries
a Conspiracy of 2
Listography!
Muffin Top

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Fruit orgy

Without a doubt, this has to be my favorite time of the year at the farmer's market. All sorts of berries and stone fruits are appearing, fava beans and asparagus still appear, and the wild salmon run has just begun. If you want any of their peaches, you'd better get yourself down to the Frog Hollow stand soon, 'cause if I get there first, you may not get any at all - I've been known to buy a whole flat at a time. This weekend, I came home laden with 2 kinds of peaches, apricots, cherries, blueberries, marionberries(which are now gone) and strawberries. Last night, we finished a batch of homemade peach sherbet, I just pulled a classic clafoutis out of the oven, and another "Laker pie" (peach/apricot and blueberry) might be in the works.

Mmmm, summer fruit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home