mysticonnie's blog

Megalomania continues...
Cheese Diaries
a Conspiracy of 2
Listography!
Muffin Top

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Go me!

After repeated attempts, I have finally been able to kick up into adho mukha vrkasana (handstand)! Now, this is actually a supported version (i.e., a wall behind me) but still, for me, the big klutz that I am, it's a huge accomplishment! My last serious attempt at handstands was rather traumatizing... it was down in LA, and involved being told to do it unsupported, in the middle of the room, then go into inverted splits (adho mukha hanumasana?) and twist. If you didn't follow any of that, don't worry about it. Neither did I, and my pride took a severe blow. Inversions don't come naturally to me (really, do they come naturally to anyone?) but they are sort of expected of a regular yoga practitioner. I think my next step is to find an inversions workshop, stat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home