mysticonnie's blog

Megalomania continues...
Cheese Diaries
a Conspiracy of 2
Listography!
Muffin Top

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Old AND immature

Speaking of sooooo Bay Area...

Dined with my coworkers last night, which was sort of an impromptu "girls night/twilight out." We attempted to go to the Trans Day Parade kickoff party in Dolores Park to support one of our other coworkers in her dance performance. Unfortunately, because we had to work late, we missed her act. On the bright side, we did kick off the weekend early (ahem!), so by the time we arrived at the park, we were sufficiently inebrieted. It was a good place to be - people were drinking beers and dancing, dogs chasing frisbees, the sky was blue and cloudless and there were cheerleaders. There was a decent police force present, but they were fairly relaxed, too, sitting around and chatting with each other like it was a huge doughnut shop. Anyways, we got pretty hungry shortly thereafter, and headed towards Valencia in search of food. When we left the park, we noticed one of the officers blatantly checking out my youngest coworker. I mean, we're talking head-like-a-motion-tracking-camera-type stare. As I was casually relaying this information to the object of the officer's attention, another one of us could not resist pointing at her and shouting, "she's straight!" The officer and my singled-out coworker turned beet red, and his buddies burst into peals of laughter along with the rest of us. I only wish I'd been quick enough to point and shout myself myself.

Now, the French one had never been to Good Vibrations before, so we insisted on dragging her in. We started at one end of the store, and worked our way around. She and I were pretty immature, snorting and pointing at just about everything, but by the time we got the the rack of prosthetics, we exploded into full scale giggle fits. Me: (grabbing a rubber phallus) "Look at this!". The French one: "Ohhh, look at the [genitalia] pasta! So cute!" The third coworker tried to be a little more discreet, carefully examining various products, and keeping to herself. Upon further reflection, I now realize that she may have wanted to make a purchase, as she was going to be celebrating her anniversary with her girlfriend later that night. After all, she agreed just a *tad* emphatically when I remarked "God, we're immature" as we left the store.

Afterwardsm we wound up at of our favorite places, Picaro, for tapas. Although the setting was pretty lively and boisterous, our table was remarkably silent. The food was *that* good. Co-Worker: "Wow. We're reallly quiet tonight." Me: "Dude, I'm fucking baked, and I'm eating fried calamari. Fuck off." Yep, it was that good. Hell, we were feeling pretty good. But soon, it came to to leave, and boy, oh boy, navigating the BART station was a tricky proposition. Never had the stairs seemed so steep, and I knew if I made a remark about before we reached the bottom, we'd totally lose it. To further freak us out, we heard this infernal screeching noise as we walked through the station. "What the hell is that???" someone exclaimed. "It sounds like a cge full of howler monkeys!" I replied. I was a little relieved (but not by much) when the sober one assured us that she heard the hoots and screeching as well. We could not leave that station soon enough. "I just want to go home and relax," I told the one celebrating her anniversary She agreed - "We're old!" It was pretty sad, all of us wanting to go home, and it wasn't even 9:00! Despite that, I'd say we had a damn good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home