mysticonnie's blog

Megalomania continues...
Cheese Diaries
a Conspiracy of 2
Listography!
Muffin Top

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Arrrggh!!

I totally understand, Anne.

Today, we went to the new public library here in Alameda and signed up for library cards. We didn't check anything out, but went to the bookstore afterwards. Although I'm currently reading a book, and I picked up A Prayer for Owen Meany not long ago, I purchased Infinite Jest ($10 for the tenth anniversary edition!). I nearly purchased The Kite Runner, and remembered that I keep meaning to read Lolita. Once I got home, I also remembered that I've been wanting to read Middlesex. Oh yeah, and Kavalier and Clay, and On Beauty, and Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell, and Perfume: the Story of a Murderer, and The Omnivore's Dilemma... did I mention that I started Pride and Prejudice, but have yet to finish it? The same goes for Vanilla. At some point, I'd like to read a Haruki Murakami book. And whenever George R.R. Martin finishes writing his Fire and Ice series, I plan to read it.

This is bad. It's really bad. If I had stuck around the bookstore or the library any longer, I'm sure I would have remembered more books I need to read. Or "discovered". more. I began to panic a little, at the thought of all the books out there. But on the plus side, I guess I'm giving fiction another chance.

1 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger xtinehlee said...

ah yes, the reading backlog! i have one too. don't we all? i'm glad you're giving fiction another chance--it deserves your love. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home