mysticonnie's blog

Megalomania continues...
Cheese Diaries
a Conspiracy of 2
Listography!
Muffin Top

Monday, April 09, 2007

Cognitive Dissonance?

So during a very long drive on the I-5 back from SoCal, I finally caught up on all TAL podcast shows that I'd been missing since my iPod crapped out on me. As usual, some of the stories were a little slow, some were gut-bustingly hilarious ("Do it for the LOTTO!!!") and some were absolutely heartrending. I swear, I'll be listening, put-putting along, and towards the end of the act, the storyteller will say something, Jon Brion soundtrack music will cue in and the next thing I know my chest gets that achy feeling and my eyes are a watery and my nose is all sniffly. But the most surprising moment for me was when Ira Glass (squeee!) revealed his enthusiasm for "The O.C." Apparently, he and his wife would sit on the couch and sing along to the Phantom Planet "California" themesong every week. "They could have killed off Marissa in the first season, as far as I was concerned," said Ira. Spoken like a true fan. He went on to play the segment in which Seth namechecks TAL, and Summer responds with derision. Ira nearly goes apoplectic with fanboy delight. It was all very endearing but...

HEY IRA MAKE YER DAMN NEW TV SHOW AVAILABLE ON ITUNES CAUSE I SURE AS HELL DON'T NEED TO SUBSCRIBE TO SHOWTIME !!!

Oh, and speaking of podcasts, Ron Moore (producer of BSG) revealed that he liked to watch Cheaters. "It's the worst show ever on TV. Just awful." I understand, Ron. And yet when it's on, you just have to keep watching.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home