mysticonnie's blog

Megalomania continues...
Cheese Diaries
a Conspiracy of 2
Listography!
Muffin Top

Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Yesterday, I obtained The Two Towers, and as soon as I got home, I almost immediately popped it into the DVD player for three hours of escapism. Since then, I have also watched Sean Astin's short film, the featurettes on Rohan, Helm's Deep and Edoras and the preview for the extended version. Oh yeah, and the 10-minute preview for Return of the King... four times. It looks like it's gonna be fucking awesome. A brief shot of the Aragorn re-forging the Narsil, Frodo crawling up Mount Doom, Gandalf facing off the winged Nazgul, the Paths of the Dead, Sam clutching Galandriel's phial in Shelob's lair, Minas Tirith... it was more than enough to work me into a fanboy(girl) lather. But the highlight was definitely the battle scenes with the Rohirrim... Helm's Deep has nothing on the Pelennor Fields, in its equine glory. They were just so beautiful, they (literally) brought tears to my eyes. I mean, Peter Jackson brought in two hundred and fifty horses. Two-Hundred and Fifty. Which will then be CGI'd into thousands. Even the unedited, untreated stock footage was wondrous to behold. 112 more days. 112, and I'm counting every one of them...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home