mysticonnie's blog

Megalomania continues...
Cheese Diaries
a Conspiracy of 2
Listography!
Muffin Top

Thursday, May 13, 2004

As much as I may bitch about my job, I have to say, the staff of legal assistants is great. We have our ups and downs, but for the most part, we're all friends. However, for the past week, two of my co-workers have had a falling out over something so lame, I'm not going to bother describing what it was. In a rather immature manner, they have ceased speaking to one another. I've told them both the same exact thing: "You're both being stupid. You both need to get over it. It could be worse. You should be the bigger person, and apologize". Today, I made a lighthearted attempt at mediation, which was shot down immediately. The cubicle atmosphere at that end of the office has become, shall we say, icy. It's ridiculous, really. The bonds of friendship are what help us get through the day-to-day shit we have to deal with, and to be so stubborn about petty shit is a waste. Friends are what help you get through tough times, you know?

I've had this feeling, subconsciously, that although things seem to be falling into place, something was ever-so-slightly off, like a door ajar. I've had this feeling before, and I wasn't wrong. Recently, I've learned that my intuition was not only right, but underestimated. I feel numb, with this turn of events, and I haven't really processed it. It's like the ground is about to open up and swallow me. I see the vortex, but I'm paralyzed, and I don't know what to do. I know my world is about to change drastically, and I don't know how I'm going to cope. But I know I have wonderful friends, and I believe that they'll help me through what are sure to be difficult times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home