mysticonnie's blog

Megalomania continues...
Cheese Diaries
a Conspiracy of 2
Listography!
Muffin Top

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Bombs away!

As much as I blather on about Death Cab and Ben Gibbard, it's really Bono and the boys who will always own my heart. Yeah, I know they're as big as it gets, and they're stadium rock. I just watched SNL, and they totally rocked out. I don't know of too many other bands have been together that long (25 years!) and can still bring down the house like that, mullets, platform shoes, corporate sponsorship and all (psst! they didn't get paid for the iTunes ad, BTW).

I was watching "Under a Blood Red Sky" on MTV2 earlier today - it was shot over 20 years ago - and it occured to me that they were younger back then then I am now. Fuck, I'm old. I remember my brother playing "War" for me when it came out, and rocking out to "Sunday Bloody Sunday." Yes, I've been (and remained) a fan for that long. You could even say I'm a superfan. I can't wait til they tour again.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home