mysticonnie's blog

Megalomania continues...
Cheese Diaries
a Conspiracy of 2
Listography!
Muffin Top

Sunday, September 07, 2003

I just adore Neil Gaiman. A few years ago, during a heavy Gaiman-worshipping phase, I chanced upon one of his readings at Stacey's Books in the city. I was able to ask, and have answered, all sorts of questions I had about his work, the main question being, was he going to write/release more books on the endless. I was so giddy about it, I sought out each and every remaining Bay Area appearance he made that week like a crazed groupie. In person, he has a fabulous and self-effacing dry wit, and he does a pitch-perfect reading of his own work. As a comic book writer, he has the ability to weave together various mythologies (like Joseph Campbell) and original storylines in a dark, otherworldly and compelling fashion. Somehow I missed the release of 1602 a few weeks ago, but soon, very soon (September 17), the graphic novel I've been anticipating for like, 5 years will be released. First thing tomorrow, I'm heading over to the comic book shop to correct the 1602 situation. Now, if only he and Josswould collaborate...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home