mysticonnie's blog

Megalomania continues...
Cheese Diaries
a Conspiracy of 2
Listography!
Muffin Top

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

STELLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

McCartney, it seems, has launched a sportswear line for Addidas. At first, I got all excited, thinking of all the recent success in designer collaborations - Yohji and Addidas, Tara Subkoff and Easy Spirit, Marc Jacobs and Vans. Now I love McCartney's stuff on other folks, and while her pants, especially the ones for Chloe fit great, a good chunk of her pieces just don't fit me right. (something about the shoulders and ribcage). I thought to myself, hmmm, the workout gear may be a little more accessible - think stretchy, spandex fabrics. And hey! She even launched swimwear. But look again. The pieces are highly conceptual, with straps and bands running every which way. As a girl who actually works out in workout clothes, I can just imagine those avant garde straps and bands will become mighty uncomfortable. Think chafing and rashes. Appendages getting entagled in errant loops during a surya namaskar vinyasa sequence. The bathing suit appears to have a noose (!) that runs around the neck. Nevertheless, I'll still check it out. Maybe those straps are detachable. And the sneakers are awfully cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home