mysticonnie's blog

Megalomania continues...
Cheese Diaries
a Conspiracy of 2
Listography!
Muffin Top

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

New Threads

Since the burn, I've needed a brow wax badly. I don't think hot wax next to my eyeballs and over newly healed skin would be a great idea, so I got them threaded for the first time last weekend. Threading is a form of hair removal common in India and the Middle East. A practictioner takes a loop of twisted thread and draws it over the area where hair removal is desired, catching the hair and pulling it out at the root. I don't think it hurts more or less than waxing, but I've been waxing for 12 years now, so waxing doesn't bother me. I think I might prefer waxing though - it's more precise, but threading is a nice alternative. Also, the place I went to offers free brow threading with a manicure and pedicure! I'll have to take them up on that next time.

1 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger xtinehlee said...

you brave girl! to still take care of your brows in the wake of this skin trauma!

i can't wax (it irritates my skin and so i go around with bumps around my eyebrows for days afterwards).

i pluck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home