mysticonnie's blog

Megalomania continues...
Cheese Diaries
a Conspiracy of 2
Listography!
Muffin Top

Monday, July 10, 2006

La Roche Posay Anthelios XL Creme Fondante SPF 50

Active Ingredients - Parsol 1789, Titanium Dioxide, Octocrylene, Mexoryl

This is the "facial moisturizer" formula of the La Roche Posay Anthelios line of sunscreens. The formula is a bit creamier than I'm accustumed to for daytime, but it's unscented and it offers the most complete UVA protection available. There is a bit of the pasty white sheen at first, but it fades after ten minutes or so. It does feel a bit heavier than I'm accustomed to. On the first day, I wore it by itself to my morning yoga class, which gets pretty sweaty, and it seemed to stay on. Just in case though, I started using the children's water resistant formula whenever I work out on the weekends (and when I swim in the afternoon) because I usually run errands afterwards. At first during the work week, I used Bobbi Brown's stick foundation (no SPF) on top, blending with my fingers allover and concentrating on the scars to even things out a little and set it with some loose powder. It felt a bit heavy for the first couple of hours, but by lunchtime, it felt okay. I'm pretty picky about my skincare products though, and I couldn't help but feel like this combination was pore clogging and may have caused a zit or two, but didn't moisturize much, if that makes sense at all. So I started using Creme de la Mer lotion underneath. By now, I've lightened up on using foundation allover, and only use the stick to conceal the scars, then follow up with a dusting of loose powder. It feels a lot lighter. When I was in Vegas last weekend, I managed to snag a bottle of the oil-free version of the facial sunscreen, so we'll see how that one works out.

7 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good News!
On July 25th, 2006, FDA decided to finally approve of the Mexoryl SX . However, it will only be available in the Fall of 2006 and will only offer a protection of SPF 15. In the eyes of La Roche Posay and most dermatologists, anything lower than SPF 20 is not a significant protection.
Mexoryl SX as found in Ombrelle and Anthelios by La Roche-Posay offers waterproof Anthelios S SPF 30, oil-free Anthelios Lait SPF 45 and total protection Anthelios L SPF 60 and are available online at Feelbest.com)

 
At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anthelios sunscreen's are simply the best. It's really hard to find SPF 50+.I get my supplies at SkinXpert.com

 
At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I've ordered from SkinXpert.com , shipment took around a week.

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE SITE http://www.pharmamundi.com HAS ALL ANTHELIOS & VICHY SUNSCREEN RANGE WITH MEXORYL XL AT COMPETITIVE PRICES.

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get my Anthelios Sunscreens from La-RochePosay.net

 
At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anthelios is widely recommended as this would not just take care of your screen from the sun but also make you look young. We are also prevented from having a skin cancer on applying this one

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous invertir en petroleo said...

the best way to make money, investments in oil, earn money now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home